Patrick is away on business this week. It's always tough when he's gone, but it's particularly tough this week as the kids are all sick from last week's trip. Caleigh, who was an absolute angel last week, has turned into a total devil this week, biting Ellie on the boob and causing a terrible rip on her chest. Tonight, she was paricularly upset about the phone, screaming when I wouldn't let her control it. I finally acquiesced and started to do some coloring with Declan and Ellie.
About 10 minutes later, I called Patrick at the hotel, and while we were catching up on the day, the operator interrupted the call and said: "the los altos police are trying to reach you. please hang up". I was stunned. Of course, Patrick and I hung up and I picked up the phone on the first ring. Caleigh started to freak out that I wouldn't give her the phone, so it was really hard to hear and after the thrid time of my saying, "I'm sorry, could you repeat that?" I finally heard the Policewoman say, "Did you call 911? There is an officer on his way to your house."
Oy vey. I explained that my 2 year old likely called 911 and it was a mistake. I apologized profusely.
No comments:
Post a Comment