Thursday, January 13, 2005

Everyone should have a little laughing gas
Ellie went to the dentist today to fill 2 cavities! She was such a trooper and was so incredibly brave. She laid in the dentist chair and watched Fox & the Hound, as she wore an elephant mask that made her dream of being on a "spaceship". Dr. Nick is a great dentist and did his work in 15 minutes. Afterwards, we stopped at the bakery and bought Ellie and her schoolmates a few dozen Valentine's Day cookies. I hope that doesn't start a new round of cavities!

The Scream
One of the more stressful parts of our life is going to the grocery store with all 3. When it dawned on me on my way home from work and pre-school pickup that we were out of food, my stomach dropped as we pulled into Draeger's. Within a few minutes, I hear the dreaded "mama, I gotta go poopies" and I wheel the weenies into the bathroom. After the bathroom ritual, we roam through the aisles with the kids grabbing samples, bin food or reachable fruit and stuffing their little mouths. By the time we hit the last aisle, that has wine, I make them march with their hands above their head, in order to minimize the damage. We finally hit the prepared food section where the employees know us and they start handing out chicken tenders to the tots so I can start my order of meatballs, turkey and salami (hard to believe my kids are such meat eaters)! As I finished my order, I heard this blood curdling scream and all I could think was, "whew, thank God that's not my kid". I looked over to give this poor kids mom the look of, "Don't worry, honey, I feel for you" only to find out it was Caleigh, my kid screaming. She was pissed off that her tights were falling down her legs and was trying to get my attention. Oy vey.

As for Declan, he has a little cut on his eye. He sleeps with Patrick's tools every night and the Screwdriver must have dug into him. Poor little dude.

No comments: