Well, the weekend is over and man, I have to say it was a tough one. While we had a lot of fun on playdates and bike riding, it was pretty stressful. At one point last night the kids were so naughty, really strung out on the cough medicine, that they were just wild. I sat in the middle of the girls' room as they jumped all over the beds and just held my ears trying to think of the right way to turn the situation around. Where's Nanny 911 when you need them? And in a final coup de grace, I look over and Declan has ripped off his diaper and is peeing on the floor right next to me laughing like a crazy person. Calgon, take me away!
I thought today was moving in a better direction with a trip to our favorite bagel store and then a playdate with Samira, Sittara and Subadhra. After the playdate, we hit our local Fresh Choice and sat at a table next to a bunch of senior citizens including a Santa-look-alike. The kids thought it was incredible and Ellie tapped him on the shoulder and said, "Excuse me Santa, but Declan is still pooping in his diaper" (a reference to a note we wrote from Santa to Declan in his stocking on Xmas Eve). The kind gentleman, used to the association, didn't skip a beat and said "which one is Declan?" Kiki pointed to him and he said, "Declan, please keep working on this and be good to your mother, OK?" Declan said, "OK. I will (will is pronounced like "wheel")." Declan paused and then said, "Santa, thank you for the bike but it's not working!" Everyone laughed and I told Declan we would try to get it fixed.
After lunch, Subadhra was kind enough to watch Ellie so I could take the twins for a nap. I look like hell I'm so tired, so I passed out with them for 2 hours. It felt great! But alas, the good mood didn't last long when we had to go to Google as my laptop had crashed. The help desk guys think my hard drive is hosed and that really, really, really, really sucks. I'm a loser when it comes to backing up my files. The kids had fun, though, as they played in the engineering building with tons of licorice and malt balls, jumped in a huge box with thousands of balls and listened to a concert pianist playing a concerto before she caught up on some coding. It was a busy Sunday at Google!
So off to watch Desperate Housewives--the only show I seem to relate to. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment