This is my blogomama about life with the peanuggets: Ellie, Caleigh, Declan (Chobe and Duke, too!)
Thursday, February 10, 2005
The other night I was cooking dinner and the rice was midway through its cycle in our fancy rice cooker. Caleigh walked over and pushed a few buttons and it jammed and turned off. I turned to Caleigh and said, "Caleigh, don't push these buttons as now the rice cooker can't finish its job." I didn't say it in an angry tone; just matter-of-factly. Nevertheless, Caleigh is a very sensitive soul and burst out crying. I kneeled down and looked her in the eyes and softly said, "Kiki, I'm not mad at you, I just don't want you to play with Mommy's appliances." She lifted her fingers under my chin as the tears dribbled down her rosy cheeks and said, "you understand, mama?" It was so sweet... I told her, "yes, I understand, I love you!" and gave this precious little girl a big hug.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment