Google is truly a great place to work. It's not the free gourmet meals, massages or hybrid incentives that make it so cool. It's the ability to bring your kid (or dog) to work. Today, Ellie was rejected from pre-school with her big, bad cough. I was incredulous, given every kid at the school has the same freaking cough. We don't have back up care, so I had to bring Ellie w/ me to work. Even though I don't feel great about it, my colleagues, friends and boss are incredibly gentle about it. I sat Ellie at my desk w/ Sleeping Beauty playing on my laptop, borrowing my friend, Dave's, earphones. When i went into a conference room for a call, my pal Kelly kept an eye on her. Only problem was when I got back to my desk, Ellie had a huge bowl of M&Ms, gummy bears, yogurt pretzels and swedish fish in one hand and a bottle of oranage soda in the other! I gave Kelly a hard time, promising her my payback on her 6 month old daughter. :) By the time Ellie's sugar rush hour hit, we went home and I just worked from hoome.
Random act: Ellie picked up the phone today and started to dial a number. I asked her who she was calling and she said "sponge bob squarepants". I have no idea where that came from.
No comments:
Post a Comment