A classic Super Bowl Day!
We had a really great day today. Patrick made breakfast, we read the NY Times drinking superb mochas, and then packed a picnic for an afternoon hike. We took the kids and dogs to Hidden Villa, a little hippie farm enclave in Los Altos Hills in 65 degree February sunshine. We enjoyed our picnic while the kids splashed in a creek and the dogs barked at the chickens. It was such a delight. Afterwards, I took the girls ice skating again and they improved so much (but oh man, am I sore!).
By late afternoon, we all gathered at a neighbor's (and colleague's) house for THE best Super Bowl party ever. They had 8 flat screen TV's throughout the house, tons of food including several 5 foot sub sandwiches, kegs and plenty of entertainment for kids (a room w/ kids movies, candy, pool/hot tub, tennis court, etc). It was amazing. And a super bowl party isn't classic unless someone guzzles and vomits.. I didn't realize this time it would be my 3 year old kid! Within minutes of arriving at the party, my kids found every generous bowl of candy placed throughout the house. At one point I saw Declan with a bowl of M&M's and just chugging them down his mouth as if he were parched with thirst and this was water. Kiki snuck lollipops down her pants and Ellie had tootsie rolls popping out of her pockets. On the way home, Declan coughed, and then coughed, and then whoop, there it was... candy colored puke all over my car.
Ah, I love Super Bowl Sunday.....
No comments:
Post a Comment