Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Obama wins Pennsylvania!

Ok, the primary in PA is in a month, so this is merely a prediction, but I wanted the record to show that I called it first (in your FACE, CNN!)

Here's why I'm so confident:

1. Barack's speech yesterday on race was the best political speech since Kennedy's speech on Catholicism in 1960. Barack was eloquent, thoughtful, honest and serious about race relations in the U.S. Further, he was pragmatic and did not pander to Americans, acknowledging that it will take a long time for our divisions to heal, but the healing can't start until we have an open dialogue. Sure, this dialogue may be awkward, and even painful, but it's one that is long overdue. To me, this was another example of why I support Barack -- he's a natural uniter. While the Clinton campaign sought to divide us with absurd racial attacks (i.e. Ferraro saying Barack is "lucky" to be black and is the only reason he is where he is today), Obama stepped in and took a brave step forward to unite us.

2. The energy in PA is amazing. Just looking at the different websites for HRC and BO today, HRC has 10 state offices and BO has 23! That is HUGE for Barack as PA is a state where the pundits expect him to do poorly -- mostly white, blue collar and older population. I'm headed to Erie in a few weeks to rock the vote and host an event with a bunch of friends from CA and my family. I can't wait!

3. The Barack candidacy is like Facebook. He is no longer a "niche product" but one that has penetrated the mainstream and more and more people want to be part of the movement. Hillary, on the other hand, reminds me of AOL. We all know what we're getting, but it's an old network, subject to outages and something that we'll remember in history, but not something that gets us excited and leads us to a hopeful future.

No comments: