Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yesterday, I was a panelist at a really neat Social Networking conference. I learned a lot prepping for the conference and really enjoyed meeting a lot of great women.

As I was getting ready for the conference, it was a classic day at the Stanton's: the kids were late for school, Duke was throwing up and I was trying to catch it before it hit the carpet (and failed), and I was frantic trying to remember a bunch of statistics.

As we headed out the door, Caleigh and Declan gave me the biggest bear hugs ever to wish me luck. And Ellie gave me a few key pieces of advice. She said:

"Mom, listen to me:

- look your audience in the eye
- if you have a scratch, don't itch it on stage
- and Mom.... if anyone, I mean anyone sticks their tongue at you, DON'T roll your eyes"

:) Her words were golden! :)

No comments: