Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fumigated and it feels so good

Well, not really. We went to the fancy Taj West End for dinner last night. It's a "luxury 5 star" hotel with a well-reputed restaurant. The inside of the hotel is quite lovely and lush and the restaurant clean and pristine. The menu offers tons of western and Indian foods, which satisfies all of us, not to mention their well stocked bar. :)

The kids wanted a pizza and were leaping out of their chairs with excitement as the pizza was placed on the table. After a few bites, I looked outside and saw a blitz of fog in the courtyard which started to seep into the restaurant and around our table. And then the smell hit me. It was some kind of pesticide! WTF? I looked around and everyone was minding their own business as if nothing were happening. Patrick and I looked at each other in total amazement and then I walked over to the manager. He explained that it's just to kill the mosquitos and it's not harmful to people. This conversation went back and forth a few times with him smiling saying, not a problem and me looking at him as if he's trying to sell me poison. He promised to bring me the name of the material used so I could research it, but I never saw him again.

Good lord, this place is in such dire need of an environmental movement! Calling Al Gore, Al Gore, please step up to the South Asia continent!

1 comment:

Natala said...

i love the Taj! We always go to dinner when we visit. Did you sit outside? i remember there being a waterfall or something...